Dermaplaning is a procedure that exfoliates your skin and gets rid of dirt and vellus hair, better known as “peach fuzz.” With dermaplaning, the clinician uses a painless blade, or a tool called a dermatome, to remove dead skin cells, leaving a smoother, brighter, and glowing complexion.
About – Dermaplaning
We offer a range of dermaplaning treatments as below:
Dermaplaning – Facial
High performance modelling mask, specific to skin conditions
Dermaplaning – Ultimate Glow Facial
- Enzyme peel
- Lymphatic drainage
- High-performance modelling mask, specific to skin conditions
Dermaplaning – Indulgence Facial
- Gentle AHA fruit acid peel combined with glycollic, lactic, mandelic and phytic acid to remove the build-up of dead skin cells
- Relaxing neck massage
- Ideal for more experienced clients who are accustomed to aesthetic treatments to minimise sun damage, and reduce inflammation, clogged pores and fine lines.
Treatment Process – Dermaplaning
Before any treatment, we will spend 10-15 minutes carrying out a skin condition assessment, using an analyser device, which enables our clinician to understand the health of the skin including, hydration, thickness and any underlying health issues.
Following the consultation, we will prepare a treatment plan which will set out how many sessions you might need and the intervals between the sessions. Each treatment session will normally be around 30-45 minutes.
Pre-treatment advice – Dermaplaning
Please do not wear make-up on the day of the treatment.
Treatment Aftercare – Dermaplaning
Aftercare is very important, so make sure you’re doing everything right by discussing it with your clinician:
- Don’t touch, massage or rub the affected area in any way for at least 48 hours after treatment
- Don’t undergo other treatments like microdermabrasion, facials and chemical peels for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
If you require pain medication after treatment, you can take paracetamol, but avoid anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen and aspirin, as these thin the blood, which can make bruising worse.
It is rare to get any serious side effects following treatment, however possible side-effects include the following:
- Bruising/swelling/redness at injection site
- Nausea, headache or flu-like symptoms
- Occasional numbness
- Drooping of the eyebrow or upper eyelid or swelling and redness in eyelids
There can be allergic reactions including:
- Rash and itchiness
- Visual disturbances
- Visual loss
- Facial swelling
- Dry mouth
- ‘Pins and needles’ sensation
- Dry skin
- Antibody formation (substantial deterioration in response)
If you experience any of the above after having the treatment, speak to your clinician or medical practitioner immediately.
Speak with the clinic today
Call: 01491 756015
Dermaplaning – FAQ
How many sessions will I need?
One, with a follow-up after two weeks, with top-ups if required.
How quickly will I see results?
What will I feel during and after the treatment?
The injection needles are small so any pain should be slight.
Do I have any anaesthetic?
An anaesthetic cream might be used first to numb your skin.
You may feel a little discomfort once the anaesthetic cream has worn off but this will wear off.
What is my recovery time and when ?
Within 2 weeks.
How long does the procedure take?
The initial consultation will take 10-15 minutes.
A treatment session will take 30-45 minutes.
When can I go out and resume my normal daily activities?
How long will the results last?
12 to 18 months.
Is the treatment available for both men and women?
Garden Cottage, Badgemore Park
Henley-On-Thames, RG9 4NR