Muscle relaxing wrinkle injections are one of the most common injectable treatments at our clinic. The injectables can be used on many areas, face, underarms, eye wrinkles, frown lines and also face slimming.
What procedures are there for anti-wrinkle treatments?
1. Botulinum toxin type A. When injected in small doses into specific muscles, Botox keeps the muscles from contracting. When the muscles can’t tighten, the skin appears smoother and less wrinkled.
Botulinum toxin works well on frown lines between the eyebrows and across the forehead and on crow’s-feet at the eye corners. It takes one to three days to see results. The effect typically lasts a few months. Repeat injections are needed to maintain results.
2. Soft tissue fillers. Soft tissue fillers, which include fat, collagen and hyaluronic acid (Restylane, Juvederm, others), can be injected into wrinkles on your face. They plump and smooth wrinkles and furrows. You may experience temporary swelling, redness and bruising in the treated area. The effect of most products is temporary.
What can be achieved?
Anti-wrinkle injections have a wide range of uses for both wrinkle reduction and prevention. Procedures include the following:
- Frown lines: Reduction and prevention of the vertical lines between your brows, often caused by frowning.
- Forehead wrinkles: Reduction and prevention of wrinkles on your forehead, caused by the movement of muscles during facial expression.
- Crow’s feet: Reduction and prevention of wrinkles in the outer corners of the eye, more noticeable when smiling or laughing. These become more prominent with age.
- ‘Botox’ brow lift: non-surgical brow lift to raise and re-contour eyebrows. Effective if concerned about heaviness of the upper eyelid and drooping brows.
- Jowl lift: Reduce neck creases and help improve definition of the jawline.
- Drooping smile: Raise a drooping smile by reducing the downward ‘pull’ of the corners of the mouth
- Smoker’s lines: Reduce smoker’s lines caused by puckering of the lips. This improves the appearance of the outline of the lip.
- Hyperhidrosis (excess sweating): Blocks the nerves that activate the sweat glands to help alleviate embarrassment of excess sweating of the underarm region.
What are the side effects of Anti-wrinkle treatment?
- Drooping of the eyelids (very rare)
- A headache.
- Face pain.
- Muscle weakness.
Speak with the clinic Today
Call: 01491 756015
Preparing for your appointment
When you make an appointment with a dermatologist, it’s a good idea to prepare for your appointment by making a list of questions you want your doctor to answer. For wrinkles, some basic questions to ask your doctor include:
- What is the best course of action?
- What are my treatment options and the pros and cons of each?
- What will the treatments cost? Does medical insurance usually cover these treatments?
- What results can I expect?
- How often will I need to repeat the treatment?
- What kind of follow-up, if any, will I have?
- Don’t hesitate to ask any other questions you have.
- What to expect from your doctor?
- Your doctor is likely to ask you a few questions, including:
- What products, such as cleansers and moisturizers, do you use on your skin?
- Do you use sunscreen?
- Did you expose your skin to sun when you were younger?
- Do you smoke or have you ever smoked?
What happens on the day of my treatment?
On the day of your treatment one of our aesthetic practitioners will guide you through the entire procedure and obtain your written consent. You will decide which areas you want to treat based on your desired results. Once you are ready the procedure will begin.
Firstly, the area to be treated is cleaned. Then your aesthetic practitioner will inject the filler under your skin using a fine needle. This will treat facial lines and wrinkles or add volume.
Anti-wrinkle treatment FAQ
How long does it last?
Results of anti-wrinkle injections start to become noticeable within 3-7 days. The longevity then varies between individuals and last for between 3-6 months. The treatment can be topped up according to individual preference and the look you would like to maintain. Results vary between individuals depending on the severity of the initial lines.
Does it hurt?
It is rare for anti-wrinkle injections to be painful, with the majority of patients feeling, at most, a slight discomfort. After treatment, you may experience mild, localised redness which will subside over a few hours. You will be able to return to your daily activities immediately.
Will i look frozen?
Results depend on the look you wish to achieve. For natural results, it is possible to reduce unwanted lines and wrinkles, without affecting your usual facial expressions. For more pronounced results, it is possible to increase the level of ‘Botox’ injected.
With natural results, there’s no need to tell your friends and family if you don’t want – just sit back and enjoy the compliments!
is botulinum toxin safe?
Yes, botulinum toxin has been used for over 25 years and has an excellent safety record as a muscle relaxant. As with any drug, there are always possible side effects, which will be discussed with you at your consultation.
Botulinum toxin is by far the most popular cosmetic procedure, helping people worldwide to reduce their wrinkles and rejuvenate their appearance.
is the treatment available for both men and women?
yes, this treatment works well on both men and women.
Garden Cottage, Badgemore Park
Henley-On-Thames, RG9 4NR